Please join us on Thursday, May 20, 2021 for a digital press briefing with Major General Andrew M. Rohling, Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Army Europe and Africa and Commanding General, U.S. Army Southern European Task Force, Africa. Major General Rohling will discuss the African Land Forces Summit, taking place virtually May 19, 2021.
ALFS is an annual forum designed to bring land force chiefs from across Africa together to forge and strengthen relationships. This year, land force leaders – including land chiefs and senior enlisted leaders – from across the African continent will discuss challenges and opportunities focused on the ALFS 2021 theme: “Maintaining Security in a Degraded Environment.” Over 45 African nations and 16 non-African nations have been invited. The leaders will be gathered virtually into smaller, regionally focuses groups to address the Summit theme.
The U.S. Army has organized a virtual ALFS for 2021 due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, utilizing a widely accepted communication technology to host the ninth annual Summit on May 19, 2021.
Major General Rohling will make brief opening remarks about ALFS 2021 and then take questions from participating journalists.
Speaker: Major General Andrew M. Rohling, Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Army Europe and Africa
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Time: 2:30 CET/SAST | 10:30 UTC
(Please use Time Zone Converter to determine the start time of the event for you)
Ground Rules: ON THE RECORD
Dial-in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
RSVP: Please RSVP by clicking here
Twitter: Join the conversation at #AFHubPress for the call and follow us on @AfricaMediaHub and @SETAF_Africa.
- Participants should log in to join the conference 10 minutes early.
- Participants will be asked to type in their name, press affiliation, and location.
- The speaker will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to type their questions or indicate to the moderator in the chat that they wish to ask a live question. You may also submit written questions in advance when you register on Eventbrite or send them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the briefing, you may send an email to email@example.com to alert the moderator to any issues.