WIESBADEN, Germany —
U.S. Army Europe and Africa invites members of the press to participate in upcoming scheduled media events for DEFENDER-Europe 21. All events are subject to change and limitations based on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Video from the DEFENDER-Europe 21 opening ceremony May 3 in Albania is available at http://www.dvidshub.net/video/793293/.
- May 10 – 173rd Airborne Brigade will conduct a night jump and 12th Combat Aviation Brigade will provide support
- May 6 – U.S. Naval Ship Yuma and U.K. Vessel Hurst Point will off-load more than 300 pieces of military equipment at Gazenica Port after ferrying it from Durres, Albania. The event will include a question-and-answer period with U.S., UK and Croatian military leaders in Zadar.
- May 7 – Multinational forces will conduct nighttime air assault missions to separate training areas where they will conduct unit level collective training, such as, situational training exercises and live fires at the Tapa Central Training Area. This event is limited to local media.
- May 7 – Equipment for exercises Immediate Response and Saber Guardian will be offload at the Port of Alexandroupoli
- May 11 – 173rd Airborne Brigade conduct a large-scale heavy airdrop at the Papa Air Base.
- May 10 – U.S. and Polish paratroopers will conduct day time airborne operations at Boboc as part of exercise Swift Response. This event is also tentatively scheduled to be livestreamed on Facebook.
To be added to our distribution list, email USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil. To receive updates via RSS feed subscribe at www.EuropeAfrica.army.mil/PressReleases or visit the DEFENDER-Europe 21 website at www.EuropeAfrica.army.mil/DefenderEurope for all the latest news and information.
When possible, U.S. Army Europe and Africa will provide live streaming of events on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/USArmyEURAF. Photos, videos, news stories and b-roll packages of each event will be posted to www.dvidshub.net/feature/DefenderEurope. All products are public domain and can be used by any media outlet. Media representatives can create a free account to download high resolution versions of the products.
Due to the current COVID-19 environment, only a limited number of media can participate. COVID-19 mitigation measures vary by each country and entry requirements are specific to the nations you’re traveling out of and in to. Media interested in attending are responsible for verifying their specific requirements and should consult their respective embassy for further clarification.
To RSVP to any of these events, email USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil. Event specific registration details will be provided at a later date.