WIESBADEN, Germany – U.S. Army Europe and Africa invites members of the press to participate in upcoming scheduled media events.
Members of the media will be able to observe exercises, demonstrations and participate in question-and-answer opportunities with U.S. and host nation military leaders.
The following is a list of media availabilities currently planned, however, all are subject to change and limited participation based on the evolving COVID-19 situation. Weekly updates to DEFENDER-Europe 21 media events are published each Wednesday, April 28 - June 9.
To be added to our distribution list, email USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil. To receive updates via RSS feed subscribe at www.EuropeAfrica.army.mil/PressReleases or visit the DEFENDER-Europe 21 website at www.EuropeAfrica.army.mil/DefenderEurope for all the latest news and information.
- Week of April 26 – Joint Logistics Over the Shore operation, Durres (marks the beginning of DEFENDER-Europe 21)
- Week of May 10 – Arrival of U.S. Army Soldiers, Tirana
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Week of May 10 – Arrival of U.S. Army Soldiers, Sarajevo
- Week of May 10 – arrival of UH-60 helicopters and personnel, Tuzla
- May 22 – U.S. and the Armed Forces of BiH maneuver exercise and Distinguished Visitors day for exercise Immediate Response, Manjaca
- May 10 – Nighttime airborne operations, Cheshnegirovo
- May 31 – Media and Distinguished Visitors Day for exercises Saber Guardian and Balkan Sentinel, Novo Selo Training Area
- June 1 – High Mobility Artillery Rocket System live fire, Novo Selo Training Area
- June 4 – Media and Distinguished Visitors Day for exercises Saber Guardian and Strike Back, Koren Training Area
- June 10 – Distinguished Visitors Day for exercises Saber Guardian and Shabla, Shabla Training Area
- May 7 – Port operations, Zadar
- Week of May 10 – Arrival of U.S. Army Soldiers, Zagreb
- May 19 – Display of air and missile defense equipment with military leaders, Zadar
- May 27 – Distinguished Visitors Day for exercises Immediate Response and Croatian Rampart, Slunj Training Area
- May 5 – Multiple Launch Rocket System live fire, Tapa Training Area
- May 6 – Nighttime airborne operations, Nurmsi
- May 7 – Distinguished visitors meet and greet, Nurmsi
- May 7 – Nighttime air assault operations, Nurmsi
- Week of May 20 – Arrival of V Corps Soldiers, Nuremberg
- June 3 – Medical exercise and joint large scale medical evacuation, Baumholder Training Area
- May 7 – Port operations, Alexandroupoli
- May 24 – Media and Distinguished Visitors Day for exercise Immediate Response, Petrochori Training Area
- May 10 – Airborne Operations, Papa Air Base
- Week of May 10 – Arrival of U.S. Army Soldiers, Skopje
- May 31 – Distinguished Visitor Day for exercises Immediate Response and Decisive Strike, Krivolak Training Area
- May 10 – Airborne operations with U.S. and Polish Soldiers, Ramnicu Sarat
- June 9 – Air and missile defense live fire, Capui Mida Training Area
- June 13 – NATO Multinational Corps South-East’s command post exercise distinguished visitors day, Bucharest (marks the end of DEFENDER-Europe 21)
- Week of May 3 – 82nd Airborne Division departs, Fayetteville, N.C.
When possible, U.S. Army Europe and Africa will provide live streaming of events on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/USArmyEURAF. Photos, videos, news stories and b-roll packages of each event will be posted to www.dvidshub.net/feature/DefenderEurope. All products are public domain and can be used by any media outlet. Media representatives can create a free account to download high resolution versions of the products.
Due to the current COVID-19 environment, only a limited number of media can participate. COVID-19 mitigation measures vary by each country and entry requirements are specific to the nations you’re traveling out of and in to. Media interested in attending are responsible for verifying their specific requirements and should consult their respective embassy for further clarification.
To RSVP to any of these events, email USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil. Event specific registration details will be provided at a later date.