WIESBADEN, Germany —
The U.S. Army Europe Rock Band and the NATO SHAPE Rock Band are conducting concerts in Germany, Lithuania and Poland, Feb. 28 – March 12.
As a show of goodwill, the U.S. Army Europe will host free rock concerts as part of the DEFENDER-20 Europe Goodwill Outreach Tour. Stops along the route are scheduled at:
- Feb. 28 - Pabrade, Lithuania, Cultural center, Vilniaus g. 46, at 6 p.m.
- Feb. 29 - Marijampole Lithuania, Cultural center, Vilkaviškio g. 2, at 6 p.m.
- March 2 - Suwalki, Poland, Cultural Center, Pope John Paul II Street 5, at 7:30 p.m.
- March 3 - Gdynia, Poland, Grom Theater, Rondo Bitwy pod Oliwą 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- March 4 - Drawsko Pomorskie, Poland, Community Center, Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- March 5 - Powidz, Poland, Community center, Wielkopolskich 25, at 7:30 p.m.
- March 7 - Zagan, Poland, Ducal Palace, Szprotawska 4, at 7:30 p.m.
- March 7 - Frankenberg, Germany, Stadtpark (NATO SHAPE Band), Hammertal 3, at 6 p.m.
- March 8 - Weißwasser, Germany, Eisarena (NATO SHAPE Band), Prof.-Wagenfeld-Ring 6C, at 1 p.m.
- March 10 - Potsdam, Germany, Niolaisaal, Wilhelm-Staab-Straße, 10-11, at 6 p.m.
- March 12 - Magdeburg, Germany, Johanniskirche, Johannisbergstraße 1, at 7 p.m.
Military leaders from U.S. Army Europe and the host nations will be on hand to discuss the upcoming DEFENDER-Europe 20 exercise, the largest deployment of troops from the United States to Europe in more than 25 years. 20,000 U.S.
For further information about these events, please contact USArmyEurope.MediaDesk@mail.mil.
DEFENDER-Europe 20 demonstrates the U.S. military's ability to rapidly deploy a large combat-credible force from the U.S. to Europe to support NATO and respond to a crisis. Once in Europe, U.S. service members will spread out across the region to participate in various annual exercises with our allies and partners. DEFENDER-Europe 20 will conclude with the redeployment of U.S.-based forces and equipment. For more information, visit www.eur.army.mil/DefenderEurope.